Saturday, December 12, 2009

I Need More Monty!


Why is it every where I turn I see James Dean..calendars, posters, mousepads? I enjoy all 3 of his films but there might be some truth behind what has been said about all 3 characters being..well basically the same character. Don't get me wrong, he was one of a kind...a rebel. Does this thrill of him come from the mystery of him? What would have happened if he survived his car accident? What if his looks were damaged? Coul dhe have "survived" in Holloywood as an actor? Another question I would like to put out there is what would have happened if Montgomery Clift HAD died in his car crash in 1956? Would he have been an ICON as big as Dean, Monroe, Elvis? Think of all the movies he released prior to the accident: The Search, Red River, The Heiress, The Big Lift, A Place in the Sun, I Confess, From Here to Eternity and Indiscretion of an American Wife. Great films and all very different characters! But why isn't there more of Monty? Why doesn't he get the respect he deserves? He was the 1st! It was CLift, Brando then Dean. I've read much about Clift and brando hating Dean and was even bothered by this "kid". Why can't I find a Monty lunch box or mug like I can of Dean? Can't say it's his questionable sexuality...Dean had that too. Maybe we know too much of Monty...his addictions and distaste for the Hollywood" lifestyle. I don't really know...but I wish there was more love for Montgomery Clift...and just plain more Monty out in the world. I would really LOVE that Monty lunchbox...oh and a calendar...even better, Monty bed sheets. I'd love to "sleep" with Monty what about Clift coasters for my Monty tumbler full of "orange juice" (as he liked to put it). I just need MORE Montgomery Clift!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Thanks very much for your comment. I'm glad to a new Monty Clift's blog.

    But I prefer there not is objets about Clift like cups or pens.

    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you were in NYC so we could go to the BAM Monty retrospective together!!!!

    ReplyDelete